In an effort to actively involve school and district administrators in the advancement of literacy, each local reading council in good standing with SCIRA and IRA is eligible to nominate one school administrator for the SCIRA Distinguished Literacy Administrator of the Year Award.
The award process is as follows:
- The local council president or representative of the council will send each building representative one application of the nomination form.
- Each school may submit one name and a brief description of the administrator’s role in the advancement of literacy in their school and council. It should be sent to the council’s president by November 1.
- The administrator must be a member of SCIRA by October 31.
- The local president will form a committee that will choose one administrator from the nominations to represent the COUNCIL at the state
- The local president will complete and forward/submit the application of the nominee electronically by November 15. (Local Council Presidents should email the chairperson to make sure the nomination was received.)
- The Chairperson of the Distinguished Literacy Administrator of the Year Award and a committee representative of the state will choose one administrator to receive the award.
- Finalists will be notified along with his/her superintendent and will receive a complimentary February conference registration. All finalists and nominees will be honored at the General Session held Saturday morning of the conference, and the winner of the award will be announced.