Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered for graduate-level work towards a degree in education at a South Carolina college or university.
- Have at least two years of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Be a current member of the SCIRA for at least one year. Be an active member of a local reading council for at least one year.
To apply, complete the following, by December 1st of this school year:
- The online SCIRA scholarship application information in the area/s below.
- Scan each of the following letters of recommendations (3) from the individuals listed below and attach below.
- The applicant’s present employer,
- A past or present professor,
- A local SCIRA council member.
- Upload your one-page response to the SCIRA application prompt at the bottom of this page.
Please note that scholarship application and/or letters of recommendation must show evidence of membership in SCIRA, academic potential, and success as a classroom teacher.
The recipient will be awarded a one thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarship. A check for the scholarship amount will be made payable to both the recipient and his or her college or university.
A recipient may reapply for a second year if need and satisfactory performance are demonstrated. A recipient may not apply for a third year.
APPLICANT MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER AS OF DECEMBER 1st of this school year.
Contact Jean Brewington at email@example.com for verification.