SCIRA Service Grants for Local Councils are designed to financially support identified local reading councils in meeting their defined literacy goals. These grants are to supplement the councils’ operating budget in order to extend and enhance the services of the council.
Grants in the amount of $500.00 may be awarded to five (5) local reading councils. If fewer than five qualify for the grants, only those will receive the grant awards.
For a local council to apply for a Service Grant, the following criteria must be met. A Council must:
- be in good standing with SCIRA and
- assure that all officers are members of SCIRA and ILA
- complete the Service Grants for Local Reading Councils Application.
- submit the application electronically by December 1.
- meet the deadline for submission of the application. DEADLINE: December
- provide a written evaluation and a brief presentation at the first board meeting of the next year which highlight the ways in which this grant supported the council’s mission.