Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior graduating in this school year.
- Be a resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Plan to pursue a degree in education from a college or university in South Carolina.
- Be the son or daughter of a current member OR a student member of SCIRA.
To apply, complete the following postmarked by March 1st of this school year:
- The online SCIRA scholarship application information in the area/s below.
- Scan each of the following items listed and attach below:
- A complete high school transcript through December of this school year
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor,
- A typed personal statement expressing why you wish to pursue an education degree and are worthy of this scholarship (not to exceed one page).
All persons used as references will be contacted to acknowledge and thank them for their contribution to your SCIRA scholarship application.
The recipient will be awarded a one thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarship for the fall semester of higher education coursework.
A check for the scholarship amount will be made payable to both the recipient and his/her college or university.
PARENT or STUDENT MUST BE A CURRENT SCIRA MEMBER AS OF DECEMBER 1st of this school year.
Contact Jean Brewington at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.