Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a rising senior or a fifth year pre-service student majoring in education at a South Carolina college or university.
- Be a student member of the South Carolina State Council of the International Reading Association (SCIRA). (Student membership is $10.00.)
To apply, complete the following by December 1st of this school year.
- The online SCIRA scholarship application information in the area/s below.
- Scan each of the following letters of recommendations (3) from the individuals listed below and attach below:
- Two professors and/or advisors.
- A former teacher.
- Upload your one-page response to the SCIRA application prompt at the bottom of this page.
Please note that scholarship application and/or letters of recommendation must show evidence of membership in SCIRA, academic potential, and enrollment in a South Carolina college/university of education.
The recipient will be awarded a one thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarship. A check for the scholarship amount will be made payable to both the recipient and his or her college or university.
A recipient may reapply for a second year if need and satisfactory performance are demonstrated. A recipient may not apply for a third year.
APPLICANT MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER AS OF DECEMBER 1st of this school year.
Contact Jean Brewington at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.